Do you love your morning cup of coffee? It has become apparent over the past few years that you can drink that cup without guilt because coffee is actually good for you. Coffee is full of antioxidants which help your body repair damage done to your cells by free radicals. It also has caffeine, which may help reduce the risk of age-related brain disorders.
The following statistics are related to the health benefits of drinking coffee:
- Heart Disease (up to 25% reduction in mortality risk (for women))
- Diabetes (up to 60% reduced risk)
- Dementia (up to 65% reduced risk)
- Colon Cancer (up to 25% reduced risk)
- Cirrhosis (up to 80% reduced risk)
- Gallstones (almost 50% reduced risk)
- Parkinson’s Disease (up to 80% reduced risk – probably because of caffeine)
- Headache Relief (caffeine)
- Asthma Relief (caffeine)
- Cavity Protection (because of anti-bacterial and anti-adhesive properties of compounds within coffee)
Obviously, all things must be done in moderation. Overdoing anything can have negative consequences. But if coffee is your “guilty pleasure” – it can now be your guiltless pleasure. Think of your coffee as a health drink.